The mission of NEA Pride is to celebrate the diversity of Northeast Arkansas, and to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community in a positive manner, to serve as ambassadors of the LGBTQ+ community to the people of Northeast Arkansas. We will advocate to end discrimination and work to provide resources to support the success, happiness, and the physical and mental health of our community.
NEA Pride envisions a community where people are valued for their uniqueness and their talents; one where discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation are but a distant memory; and one where the promise of equality and liberty under the law are granted to every citizen regardless of sexual orientation.
BOARD OF MEMBERS
NEA Pride is led by a volunteer board of members who are elected annually. Get to know our officers and the unique talents they bring to our organization.
If you want to help with our mission of creating a more inclusive Northeast Arkansas, we would love for you to join us. Members are welcome on any of the main committees listed below and are able to attend member meetings and participate in member elections.
- MEMBERSHIP: recruit new members by planning and assisting in membership drives
- PARLIAMENTARY PROCEDURE: assist in writing, presenting and updating Constitutional Bylaws
- EVENT PLANNING: plan and organize the inaugural PRIDEfest happening October 2019.
- COMMUNICATIONS: assist with our marketing, advertising, and social media
- OUTREACH: spread the word about our event and the work we are doing
- FUNDRAISING: secure the support our organization needs to thrive
Want notices about upcoming meetings, fundraisers, and volunteer opportunities? Sign up below for news alerts right to your inbox.